November 10, 2014

Well, so far I've survived the emotional onslaught that is the music of Damien Rice. I really think the new album is exquisite, I just wish I had my dear friend to talk about and listen to it with. Only five of its eight songs made me cry, so that's a win for me, right? I was crying at the library, which thankfully wasn't heavily populated. Then I went to the beach to listen again as the sun set. I think my favorite song on the album is "Colour Me In". "The Greatest Bastard" doesn't even count, cause even though I love it I can barely listen to that song. It's too much like a cheese grater grinding on my heart. When I was listening to "The Greatest Bastard" I was staring into the water off the pier, and the sunlight was playing on the wave crests like a bright light bulb on silver tinsel. That old familiar warm blanket feeling of just falling into the blue green water and floating away fell over me.

Anyway. Here are some photos I took coupled with some of my favorite lyrics from the day's music.

"We learned that lovers love to sing
and that losers love to cling. Didn't we?"

"So don't give me love with an old book of rules,
that kind of love's just for fools.
And I'm over it."

"You could be my favorite place I've ever been.
I got lost in your willingness to dream within the dream.
You could be my favorite faded fantasy.
I have hung my happiness on what it all could be."

"I tried to repress it, then I carried it's crown.
I reached out to undress it, and love let me down.
So I tried to erase it, but the ink bled right through.
Almost drove myself crazy when these words led to you."

"It takes a lot to breathe, to touch, to feel.
The slow reveal of what another body needs."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive