November 21, 2014

the S in sky

Can't sleep.

Today/yesterday has been strange. There was a giant "S" in the clouds, and I watched it linger there for long, hovering over the ocean. And me.

Later in the day I spoke with a woman on the phone, someone I hadn't hear speak before. I nearly fainted at her first words. She sounded so exactly like the S i know, i listened to her for five minutes with my head and my heart confused and flooding with phone call memories. It felt like it was a cruel elaborate prank from the universe. Honestly, the voices and speech pattern, the breathing, the pauses, were so similar i almost asked if it was her, but i almost didn't want a confirmation that it wasn't her. I wanted to pretend it was.

A storm just came through. A brief one but the wind was blowing hard and the rain falling heavy. I heard a strange sound at the window (it hasn't stormed here in ages) and went to see what it was. The trees were flailing and the water was falling in a lovely weeping.

---

I first noticed the "S" in the sky when I was listening to Nick Drake. A song called "Horn" came on as I was surveying the clouds and it was a brief mystical moment the way everything clicked. It was a moment I wanted to share, to anyone and someone who might be getting cold this winter so I decided to make a video, as a sort of early Christmas present. If you find yourself lost in winter, hopefully this brief view can provide you or any beach baby some warmth. You can pretend you're on the beach with me and that the mystical moment was shared and not just half-experienced. The two songs that play are "Horn" and "Know" from Nick Drake's album Pink Moon. I know the quality is not great but gimme a break it was done on probably the oldest digital camera still working today. You can see the lower half of the "S" sitting in the sky (full picture at the bottom of the page).

I ask you now and i shall forever wonder: what good is a sky without S?


---

"Time has told me
you're a rare, rare find.
A troubled cure
for a troubled mind.

And time has told me
not to ask for more.
For some day our ocean
will find it's shore."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive