November 30, 2014

I dreamt that we were poolside in some sort of tropical resort, sitting a few chairs apart from one another. We weren't saying anything but she knew I was there. Then some chiseled idiot stranger walks up to her and asks her to put his sunscreen on him and and she gets up, walks over to him, and starts rubbing it on his back. And in the dream all I could do was be brokenhearted and jealous about her wanting someone other than me, and about him getting to feel her hands on his skin. To see and think and know her tender touch on another man was like having the whole ocean in my eyes.

---

"Do you come
together ever with him?
Is he dark enough,
enough to see your light?
Do you brush your teeth before you kiss?
Do you miss my smell?
Is he bold enough to take you on?
Do you feel like you belong?
Does he drive you wild
or just mildly free?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive