November 18, 2014

the robotic uprising has begun

I think our robotic overlords from the future have decided to start destroying humanity with me. They're going to take out the weak ones first, with sad music. I think this because my ipod was utterly against me this morning. First it played "Secret Garden" by Bruce Springsteen, then it played "Humble Me" by Norah Jones.

Clearly it's out to get me.

---

"She'll let you in her mouth,
if the words you say are right.
If you pay the price
she'll let you deep inside."

Is that why I talk so much? I miss her kiss.
I paid, I paid! Where's that damned receipt?!

"Then she'll look at you and smile
and her eyes will say
she's got a secret garden,
where everything you want
where everything you need
will always stay
a million miles away."

Why does it have to be so many miles away, Bruce.

"What do you say
when it's all gone away.
Baby I didn't mean to hurt you.
Truth spoke in whispers
will tear you apart
no matter how hard you resist it.
It never rains when you want it to."

Oh Norah. What do you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive