October 22, 2014

Why isn't there a "rescind" button for email yet? Seriously, that idea is a home run. I'll take my billion dollars now, Google.

---

I walked along a cliff overlooking the ocean, listening to the Irish band The Pogues. I recently acquired their last two albums that they made without their original frontman Shane MacGowan. I was skeptical of them, since Shane seemed to be the poet, but they're great albums.

Been thinking today that it's been over four years since I heard her voice. That's crazy to me. Truly crazy.

"Sometimes I'd wake up in the morning,
the ginger lady by my bed.
Covered in a cloak of silence
I'd hear you talking in my head.

I'm not singing for the future.
I'm not dreaming of the past.
I'm not talking of the first time,
I never think about the last.

Now the song is nearly over,
we may never find out what it means.
Still, there's a light I hold before me.
You're the measure of my dreams."

That last line. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive