October 24, 2014

a day at the beach

I went walking along the beach, laid in the shade on a rock for a while, listening to music. When I got up to walk in the water I switched to Van Morrison. "Hungry For Your Love" came on, which I haven't listened to in a while. It's a tough one to listen to, but I put it on repeat. It meshed well with the waves. Also played "She Gives Me Religion" several times. Now hold up! Don't get all upset. I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "Come on, Stephen. 'She Gives Me Religion' ain't that great, the tempo is all wrong on pretty much the entire Beautiful Vision album." But check it, I wasn't listening to the studio version you dork, I was on that Live At The Grand Opera House Belfast shit. That's right, you know the live recording of "She Gives Me Religion" is a hot joint.

Who am I talking to.

Anyway. Listened to those two songs back and forth for a while. There are few things clearer than when ocean water runs across rocks. When it's not diluted by sand, the water is crystalline and you can see the shadow of ripples on the rock's facade as the water rushes back and forth. Someone had discarded a rose on the beach and its petals were floating in the water. I watched an individual rose petal dance with the tide over the rocks in the cool clear water for what seemed a long time. The petal was emitting a brilliant red color as it lay in the pellucid water. For a moment I felt like a flower petal.

I think I have my next story. It's tentatively titled "The Time I Lost My Hat, The Time I Lost My Hat And The Time I Lost My Hat". It will tie together the three different stories I have of losing a hat.

Then, with "Hungry For Your Love" ringing in my ears, I thought about all the roses I used to send and missed the feeling of being welcome to do so.

Was looking for a nature picture to post, but didn't get any good photos today. I'll use this old one of myself instead. No, that's not Justin Timberlake. Say what you want about me, I think I used to be relatively handsome and a sharp dresser. I was trying to bring sexy back.

"And though we're far apart,
you are here in my heart.
And though we're far apart
you're part of me now.

And after all the years,
and after all the tears,
and after all the tears
there's just the truth now.

I got such a lot of love,
I want to give it to you."

P.S.

I got laid in that suit, and it. was. awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive