March 1, 2014

Trusting people can be depressing.

I'm still waiting on a phone call I was promised back in 2010.

Anyone who thinks chivalry is dead should blame it on the suicide of sincerity.

---

A coworker of mine once said that her husband had the best taste in music of anyone she'd ever met. When she said it, with such affectionate certitude, it really made me think how fond and lovely a sentiment and I longed that a day might come when a fine and wonderful person might think the same simple pleasant thought of me.

---

The last time my soul mate and I saw each other was by coincidence in a grocery store. I panicked, set my groceries down and fled. I pedaled furiously away on my bicycle. I'll never forget the look on her face, how small it made me feel. And it appears the yearning to create more pleasant memories with her will never fade either. I should be better at shutting up than I am.

As Beck would say, "Soy un perdedor."

And as I would say if I were Spanish, Falto a mi corazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive