March 23, 2014

I went to the bar today to watch "El Clasico", which is the name given to the matches played between Real Madrid and FC Barcelona. I hadn't watched a soccer match at the bar since the Champions League final in 2012, which I watched at a bar on La Rambla in Barcelona, Spain.

It was a thrilling match that ended in success for my beloved Barcelona. The match was off to a cracking start when my favorite player Andres Iniesta scored the opening goal inside of 7 minutes. Messi assisted him and then went on to score a hat trick for himself, becoming both the top assister and the top goal scorer of all time in El Clasico in the process.

There was a girl at the bar wearing a Xavi shirt but unfortunately she was with a man and another couple. Both girls were cute, and I had to jealously wonder where these two guys (who weren't that well informed) met soccer-appreciative women...

As alone at a bar in Des Moines as I was in Barcelona.

---

No matter how many times you white out the ink on a page, the letters covered remain what they are.

I miss uS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive