March 8, 2014

I called my nephew to say happy birthday. He turned 6. His mother told him that they'd forgotten to call on my birthday and so he sang happy birthday to me over the phone.
It's still strange to me that he has the same birthday as my father.

I told my mother I only remember 2 of my birthdays, though that isn't true because I remember 3.
The first one I remember because I was at a bowling alley with all of my friends and one of them grabbed a giant inflatable bowling pin that was filled with water and smashed it on the ground. The second one I remember because on the day of my birthday party my mother came into my room and told me that the therapist I had been seeing was dead.
The third one I remember but it's one of the worst memories I have and there's no point in sharing it.

---

I'm going to be getting a fair amount of money back from my taxes. If she'd let me, I'd line the walkway of her home with thousands of roses just to see her smile. She would look really beautiful surrounded by a pool of flowers.

Then again, she'd look really beautiful surrounded by just about anything.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive