July 11, 2015

When it comes to playing soccer, I am somewhere between mediocre and average. Once in a while I play really well, once in a while I play horribly, but most of the time I play okay and don't make too many mistakes. The collection of people I play with has mostly very good players, players better than me. A few of them are actually great and a few others are at about the same level as me, and the rest of them are very good.

Today I played the best game I've ever played. I play in a defensive position but I was all over the field today. I was stealing the ball and blocking my opponents on defense, then I was dribbling, shooting, scoring and assisting on offense. I was really proud of the way I played today. I scored 3 goals (a hat trick), made 2 assists, and had a few key passes. Maybe the U.S. Women's team inspired me, or maybe it was the omelet I ate for brunch, but even the opposing team was giving me high-fives.

I wish I had a woman to come home to so that I could feel proud for a moment, a woman who would be impressed with me and who would reward me with some playful flirting. I'm not a bragger and self-esteem is a foreign concept to me, but it's nice when someone loves you and you can impress them in a silly way. I would tell her how great I did, for once, and she'd smile and be happy for me and I might even get a kiss (after I showered, of course).

I wish I had someone to count on and to be happy about the little things with. Without her, it all seems so hollow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive