July 24, 2015

I went with my friend Teasha to see the new Woody Allen movie Irrational Man. I have a bit of a man-crush on Joaquin Phoenix, I think he's an incredible actor, and I go see most of his movies in the theater. Woody Allen is always hit or miss, and for me personally, this one was a hit. I read unfavorable reviews before I went to see it and so I was a bit discouraged, thinking it wasn't going to be very good. But I think it was awesome, Joaquin was fantastic, as was Emma Stone whom I've never really seen act before (though her cameo on 30 Rock is hilarious). She was wonderful.

The movie continues the long explored themes of existentialism within Woody Allen's work.

I thought all aspects of the film came together very well, and I was also really impressed with the cinematography, so I looked up the cinematographer. It's Darius Khondji, and he has a long list of great credits. He shot David Fincher's Seven, and this really beautiful French film I watched not too long ago called Amour.

Anyway. I love Joaquin Phoenix and I really liked this film. And I came here to talk to myself about it because there is no one else to talk to.

---

There was a picnic day at the Salk Institute today, for all the employees. There is this beautiful woman who works in one of the labs, and I saw her sitting on the grass alone. She looks a lot like someone that I used to know. I really wanted to muster the courage to go and talk to her, to introduce myself, to go out on a limb, to try, but I couldn't. I couldn't try. I am too sad to try, and I've already failed enough in this life.

I hung out with my co-worker's 5-year-old daughter and had her laughing all afternoon. We were being goofy together. She counted by 10s to 100 to impress me. Then I said I could do it too. I counted, "Ten, eighteen, fourty-four, ninety-eight, four thousand!" She laughed and laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive