July 23, 2015

Great Moments In 20th Century Music and other thoughts

Picked up a copy of a book entitled All My Puny Sorrows by Canadian author Miriam Toews from the library. I'm not familiar with her work, but I discovered her on the McSweeney's website. The title intrigued me enough to read the description and the description intrigued me enough to get the book. I'm looking forward to reading it. It's about the relationship between two sisters, one of whom suffers from manic depression and wants to end her life. I don't read many contemporary novels, but some minor research into the author and the work has already led me to a promising film called Silent Light by a Mexican director, which I'm looking forward to seeing, and to the poems of Samuel Taylor Coleridge (the title of Toews' novel is apparently derived from one of his poems).

---

The other day at soccer the organizer, an older man from South Africa, asked about the redness on my legs. I told him I have psoriasis. He went off on a tangent about how I need to get it taken care of, he asked me if I have a woman (I don't) and then he said I will never get one until I do. I didn't disagree with him, but the way he put it was tactless.

Who cares. I'll never love again anyway. Love is a joke.

---

I miss S and R's voices. They were the happiest most beautiful music to me.

---

Anyway, remember how awesome Lauryn Hill is?

Here's a great song you should love: "Ex-Factor" – Lauryn Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive