December 7, 2014

Woke up alone and felt as though I'd been dropped deep into a barren forest midwinter. Bad, strange, vast, sad, maudlin dreams that I can't even explain attacked me in my sleep. The dreadful images and the characters, the despair in the ether, are spinning and crashing in my head like a crushing whirlpool spinning thunderously in a stormy ocean.

I woke up and started crying. I wish I had someone to wake up next to who could calm my heart and my head with just one touch of her skin, one gaze in her eyes and one smile. With one warm silent breath of her sleeping self I would know comfort in the night intimately.

My face is wet. The pillow next to me is empty. I cried for all the empty pillows of the past and I cry for all the many empty pillows still to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers