December 22, 2014

My two closest coworkers are two Mexican women from Tijuana. They are kind enough to let me speak my poorly crafted Spanish with them whenever I feel like. One of them, Alondra, has the last name Salinas. I showed her the sticker I bought from the National Steinbeck Center in Salinas, CA, that says "I ♥ Salinas".

Me, Alondra and Yolanda went to breakfast together. I told them I was thinking about asking another coworker, Yesenia, out on a date but then I found out she has a boyfriend. Alondra said to Yolanda, "él tiene un corazón roto," which means "He has a broken heart." I said, "Yes, I do. But not because of Yesenia." Then they were asking who broke my heart but I just dismissed it by saying it was a long story.

---

I guess she went to Chicago. I saw her, beautiful, smiling with her man.

I wish I were blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers