December 17, 2014

I'm officially declaring that D'Angelo's new album is brilliant. Haters of the falsetto voice can step to the side.

"Really Love" – D'Angelo

---

The lyrics of the last track "Another Life" really make me feel her.

"How does one attempt to be
the kind of friend that you would want to keep?
I just want to say to thee,
even though it may be hard to believe,

the candy-coated thoughts that drift in my sleep
lets me know it's you that holds the key.
I got a craving for confection so sweet,
for the taste of when our lips first meet.

In another life I bet you wouldn't know.
In another life I bet you were my girl.

I just want to take you with me
to secret rooms in the mansions of my mind.
Shower you with all that you need.
Take my hand, I swear I'll take my time.

I'm not surprised to find that angels compete
for the chance to lay down at your feet.
I'm gonna touch in all the places that please,
pull you close, I wanna feel you breathe.

In another life, I bet you wouldn't know.
In another life, I bet you were my girl."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers