April 27, 2014

The day was full of rain, Damien Rice, Marvin Gaye (one of my all time favorite albums: Here, My Dear) and Townes Van Zandt. I visited the architectural curiosity that is the central public library of Seattle, Washington. And to my friend that lives in Seattle I made the following (awesome) joke: "This place is crazy. Who designed the floor plan, M.C. Escher?!"

That's right. I referenced 20th century abstract Dutch artist M.C. Escher. You know that Jay-Z song where he says, "Who you know flow as vicious as me?" Well, who you know reference M.C. Escher as vicious as me?

I was all set to read some of Irish poet W.B. Yeats' work in the complex library but I couldn't find the poetry section. So in his honor I'll quote him today in the caption instead of any of those freeloading musicians.

"For everything that's lovely is
but a brief, dreamy, kind delight.
O never give the heart outright...
He that made this knows all the cost,
for he gave all his heart and lost."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive