April 30, 2014


I listened to Solomon Burke and Sam Cooke today. Night Beat is a brilliant soul album. My bicycle got a flat tire and I met a nice guy named Tim who moved here to Salinas from Boston, because his wife is from here. I went to Norma's diner to get a good meal, talk soccer with my new friends, and admire the attractive waitresses. I walked to John Steinbeck's grave through a gazing hot sun. I drove to the beach and brought along a copy of Cannery Row to mull over. This city encased in wavy green hills will be in my rearview mirror tomorrow, but it will remain closer than it appears.

"In a restless world like this is,
love is sort of ended before it's begun.
And too many moonlight kisses
seem to cool in the warmth of the sun.

When I give my heart it will be completely,
or I'll never give my heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive