April 9, 2014

A forty degree day

Today can't be said to have been particularly good.

Work was an absolute bore. Apart from an awesome joke I made encapsulating sex, tattoos and the 13th century master of Italian poetry Dante Alighieri that went largely unnoticed, I didn't have many inspired thoughts at all.

Sometimes it's exhausting being personable. But it's also exhausting being lonely.

I used to just be embarrassed about my mind but over the last two years I've grown wildly embarrassed about my physical appearance as well. It's not helping matters much.

These three songs really got to me on the way home from work today:

"That's The Way I Want To Live My Life" – Percy Sledge

"Lovin' You Down" – Bobby Brown

"He'll Have To Go" – Solomon Burke

The Solomon Burke song, in particular, caught me off guard. That song, coupled with Barcelona's disappointing defeat to a more than worthy adversary, made this a very lonely day indeed.

A forty degree day, for sure. Watch one of the best shows ever written, The Wire, if it matters what that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive