October 21, 2015

Great Moments In 21st Century Texting/Music

I had this conversation with my friend Dave quite a while ago, but I held off on posting it because I couldn't find a link to include for the song we discussed. One recently became available and I wanted to share it.

Me: Do you know greg brown's wife iris dement?
Dave: Yes I do. We used to be close, back when I still worked with and spoke to Greg. Why do u ask?
Me: Just a weird discovery. Im listening to this great recording of a song called "My Life" sung by new orleans jazz singer john boutté. i love it so i looked up the lyrics and the origin. its her song. id not heard of her before but saw she was married to greg. Figured you must know her.
Dave: She's a really good writer and we got along great but obviously haven't spoken in years now.

"My Life" – John Boutté

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive