August 28, 2014

La Canción Desesperada

I've been reading some of Chilean poet Pablo Neruda's work. He has some really beautiful lines. The words are lovely in their original Spanish, but also translate into English quite nicely.


"in love you have loosened yourself like sea water:
I can scarcely measure the sky's most spacious eyes
and I lean down to your mouth to kiss the earth."

---

"And when you appear
all the rivers sound
in my body, bells
shake the sky,
and a hymn fills the world."

---

"Your knees, your breasts,
your waist
are missing parts of me like the hollow
of a thirsty earth
from which they broke off
a form,
and together
we are complete like a single river,
like a single grain of sand."

---

"Es tan corto el amor, y es tan largo el olvido."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive