August 2, 2015

Great Moments In 20th Century Music

Nina Simone has long been one of my favorite musicians. She was an incredible pianist and singer, and she was courageous with her music too. I wanted to do something special for this song, because it's so beautiful, so I took my camcorder to the lake at a library near my house and shot some visuals to complement the recording.

It's a song called "I Get Along Without You Very Well (Except Sometimes)". It's an old song written by Hoagy Carmichael that has been covered by tons of different artists, but Nina's version is the best, in my opinion. It's from my favorite album of hers, Nina Simone And Piano!.She sings the lonely lyrics so gorgeously. It's about lying to yourself, telling yourself you don't need that special person, the one you love.

Sigh. I can't believe R will be ten in a few months. I can't believe I don't know her, or S.

Double sigh. What is life without a heart?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers