May 27, 2015

Some nights, when the dark is long and the silence is heavy, I softly and quietly run my fingers over the sheets. I pretend her warm and lovely skin is beneath my touch. I pretend that I can breathe her skin in and that all my senses can taste her. Her beauty like a blanket enfolds me for the briefest of moments and I don't feel so empty.

Imagine you were rowing across a black lake at night by yourself, so far out into the water that even the chirping of the crickets was a distant memory. Then a bright white light flashed on and steered your boat across the water to the shores of a brilliant castle. That's what her smile is like to me. A bright white light shining on everything, making everything in this life illuminated.

I wish she'd say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive