May 15, 2015

Great Moments In 20th Century Film/Music

In 1984 director Jonathan Demme filmed a concert in Hollywood performed by Talking Heads. I have multiple stories that have lead to my love of Talking Heads, but basically when a white awkward nerd is the lead singer of a funk/soul band, I listen. The lead singer, David Byrne, has had a big influence on me. This is my favorite Talking Heads performance, and my favorite song of theirs, from the concert film Stop Making Sense:

"This Must Be The Place (Naïve Melody)" – Talking Heads

"Out of all those kinds of people
you've got a face with a view.
I'm just an animal looking for a home,
share the same space for a minute or two.

Love me till my heart stops.
Love me till I'm dead."

Those lines floor me, because I know what he's singing and I know what he means.

---

The opening line, "Home is where I want to be" is devastating.

I want to be home. But I know She'll never let me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive