June 30, 2014

I saw a woman today that reminded me of her. She had a similar curve in her jawbone, a similar portrait of lengthy, full, lovely lips. Among other similarities. I couldn't help but stare for isolated quiet minutes at her, while she waited for her man to return to her. When she spoke I sensed the slightest hint of a similar voice. It shook my spine. I just looked at her like I was staring at a film, as though I were a nonexistent person being shown a film about real life. I wasn't leering, I don't want to give the wrong impression. I was looking at her reminiscing about the sensation of witnessing otherworldly beauty, of having it in my lap. The warm sun, the palm trees, the cool breeze, it all faded away in the shadow of what having her in my lap on a cloudy day by an ugly river meant. Most of my life has been lived in hints, but for a short time the hints revealed the truth. I saw it, kissed it and so many things I didn't get to do with it.

I don't handle love well anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive