May 13, 2014

She must've seen Springsteen...

God, I'd have given anything to hold her hand through that... even the rest of my life.

I wonder if she knows "The Ghost Of Tom Joad" is about John Steinbeck's fictional character from The Grapes Of Wrath. I wonder if she knows "Wrecking Ball" was written about the New York Giants' Meadowlands Stadium in New Jersey. I wonder if she cares... She probably knows. Her brain was always desirable. Intelligent. A beautiful, flower-filled field only the luckiest of men could stroll through... She used to pretend quite well that she liked my trivia. I wonder if she hears "Dancing In The Dark", "Thunder Road" or "Hungry Heart" and thinks of me.

I know if she saw him her smiles and her thoughts must've radiated like the sun. I just wish I was the tiniest of moons that could've had the privilege of orbiting around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive